Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Recipe and Other Items



Here is a picture of the pork loin right before I put it in the oven.  I love how moist and juicy the loin comes out of the oven or off the grill.  I'm posting the recipe and please let me know what you think of it.  There are 2 versions of this as I use the second version as it isn't as spicy as the original.
Cocoa Chili Rub(original)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar firmly packed
2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 1/2 tsp Chipotle Chili Pepper


Mix all ingredients together to form a dry rub.  This is too spicy for my taste and hubby is not fond of Chipotle Peppers.

So here is how I make this:

1/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 to 1 tsp Cayenne
2 Tbsp Paprika

Mix all ingredients together to form a dry rub.   

I thought that I better take a picture as DD and SIL were over for dinner and I wasn't sure how much would be left over.  Good thing I did as there is only 1 slice left!  Hopefully I'll be able to eat it tomorrow for lunch.  
I checked Judy's site, Patchwork Times, and she picked #6 for January.  I will start these totes and get them done by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment