Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Paint for the sewing room walls

Dear hubby had to get some stuff from Home Depot this afternoon and I decided to ride along.  While he was looking at stuff, I decided to look at the paint.  I will be painting the sewing room from the pastel green that it currently is to anything else.  I have a great spring green that I was going to paint it.  But I started looking at their screw ups.  They had this really great teal color that I just fell in love with and it was a great price,only $5.00 a gallon.  The only problem is that it is a gloss instead of semi-gloss.  The walls will shine and sparkle, I have the feeling.  I also picked up a gallon of indigo paint.  I thought that maybe I would paint the bottom half of the kitchen walls with that and either white or a pale blue for the top half of the wall.  Currently the bottom half is forest green and a butter color on the top. We have not painted the kitchen since we moved in over 14 years ago.  I guess it is time.  There are other rooms that have never been painted by us either.  The sun porch is one of them.  Maybe in the spring I will empty it out and paint it.  It currently is DH's office and work room.  The other room I would like to see painted is the mud room.  It is the same pastel green as the sewing room.  The previous owner must have gotten a deal on that paint as 3/4 of the house was that color.  We painted some rooms before we moved in and said that we would do the rest later.  Later is finally here as far as I'm concerned.  Hopefully the hardwood floors will also go in this spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment