Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Design Wall Monday week 2

I know, it's not Monday, but I've been busy with quilt guild stuff and home and grand babies.  
Here's whats on the table today or Monday as the case was.

This is DH coat, the puppy chewed it and DH split the zipper which had dry rotted.  This is an old military style jacket and a real bear to work with. Here's a picture of the culprit Deedle Dee.

 I also finished up my quilt block for guild and made a bag for our Christmas Party.  We had it this month because of the bad weather a month ago.  We were in the midst of getting 3 foot of snow.  That kinda slows us down here.  A few inches(up to 6 inches) is a common every day occurrence, a few feet not so much.  We are use to some but not in the foot a day every day for 3 days, a 1day break, and repeat for the next 3 days.
Our block exchange this year was illustrate a Christmas song that you picked.  I picked Holly Jolly Christmas.  I could only remember Burl Ives singing it in Rudolf, the Red Nose Reindeer.  So that is what I did and put the holly at the top and some mistletoe above the deer.  The darker colored one has a red nose.  I fused and machine appliqued everything down.
The other thing that I did was to make a bag for our fabric exchange.
3 fat quarters and you have a cute tote bag similar to gift bags that you buy in the store(size wise).  It takes about an hour to cut and sew one bag.  I'm sure that I'll get quicker as I make more.  I plan on making more of these and having a few on hand instead of paper gift bags.  I may add a snap to the center top or Velcro.  The pattern is from thehappyzombie.com.  It is her Poochie bag and may be made in 3 different sizes.  I used the one with the big boxed corners or milk carton corners as she calls them.
Here is a picture of my DD and granddaughter at the Christmas Party.  DD is a member of the guild and I'm slowly teacher her how to quilt when she has time.


No comments:

Post a Comment