Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Design Wall

I finally have something that I'm working on and can share.  I have a Project Linus quilt to make.  My guild took a challenge to make a quilt within the next two months and return it to the coordinator.  The bag I picked was called "Coral Reef".  These are the fabrics that I started with.           
  I decided to add these to it.
Hard to believe that some yellow and orange would add so much to a quilt.  I decided not to add pink and that way it could be used by a boy that liked fish too. 

My DD's fabric started as this.  We decided to add these fabrics to what we had and remove the red with the white hearts as the red really clashes with the focus fabric.

Now I just need to get it all washed and ready to cut.  That is my goal for the week to get at least one of the tops made.  I will be making my daughter's quilt as she has returned to college during the day and if she has time, she helps me with the cutting and sewing the blocks together.  She hasn't learned to machine quilt yet as she is still a beginner and hasn't done more than make blocks.  It can be very interesting to watch her sew sometimes. 

To see what others have done with their stash go visit Judy L's site Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment