Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thoughts and trying to move on

I'm trying to get back into life and get things done again.  We have to move forward after the sudden death of my mom.  She had her hand in a great many places trying to help.  She had worked with Camp Fire, Sunday School at Pennellville United Methodist Church (where she was also a trustee and helped with maintenance).  She helped with marching band and color guard while we were in school.  She worked at the food pantry and she was a member of Twins and Triplets of CNY.  They are a number of other things that she did as well but I will not list them all.  She and my father loved to travel with their camper.and went to many places.  They had been to Alaska on a cruise a year ago.  She had wanted to go again.  Dad was receptive to the idea.  He may go just to honor her wishes.  He has told us already that he will travel and go camping this year with out her and I am fine with that.  He is starting to get on with his life and I'm proud of him for it.  He knows that if he doesn't stay active he will join her and he has decided that he isn't ready yet. 
DH has gotten a new motorcycle.  A 1998 Honda Shadow Aero.  It is Dark green and cream and very sharp looking.  I wish that I could ride with him but my knee will not tolerate it.  Some day the darn thing will be replaced and I will walk properly again.  Until that time, I just keep trying to lose weight and keep the muscles as strong as I can.
Hopefully I will start working on the babies quilts again soon.  I want to finish them before the babes arrive.  It may be close as they are both having contractions on and off.  Neither one of the girls has felt well this week but I think part of it is the fact that Grandma died.  They both were quite fond of my mom.  She treated them as if they were her biological grand child and not an in law.  I have been trying to do the same.  Mom had items set aside for both of them and I will finish the sewing that she started.  They both need layettes for the babes and mom had been sewing up outfits for them.  I will finish up what she started and add a few more items to what is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment