Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

My mother's death

My mother passed away peacefully in her sleep yesterday.  She had gone to womens group on Monday with my Aunt.  Tuesday she went to her stitcher's group with the same Aunt.  Wednesday she got up and felt weak.  She had vomiting and the runs.  Dad told her to sit in her chair and he would keep an eye on her.  She asked for some toast and dad made it for her. She had maybe two bites.  She snoozed and was sick on and off all day.  She asked dad for some pudding around 5:00pm and he brought it to her.  He asked her on and off all evening if she was going to eat her pudding.  She kept telling him that in a bit she would eat.  She fell a sleep in her chair.  Dad didn't want to wake her so he went to bed.  He got up in the morning and she was still right there. He didn't want to disturb her so he did his morning stuff.  At 8:30 he went to open the curtains and he put his hand on her arm.  She was cold.  He called my Aunt and she went over and said the same thing.  He had already called 911.  He then called me and tried to get hold of my sisters.  I called my sisters and my own children.  Let them know that Grandma had passed.  I then headed up to my parent's house. I will try to blog more after we get every thing situated.

No comments:

Post a Comment