Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Snow

I would have told you a few days ago that spring was here.  My, what a change a few days can bring.  We have snow again.  I was happy that we had grass greening up and the trees were starting to bud.  The robins are back too.
It started yesterday in the wee hours. Snow.  We are at 2 feet and it is still falling.  I'm ready for spring and warmer temperatures.  I want to be able to walk outdoors again and not worry about slipping and falling on ice. The week of spring we had has me wanting more. I am ready for the flowers and leaves to awaken. 
I may have to make a quilt with flowers just so I can see them at the moment.  I'm trying to be patient but this winter seems like it wants to hang on. I'm thinking about putting in a vegetable garden this year.  Actually I think that I will do container gardening as that may be a good way for me to get back into it.  A couple pots of tomatoes & peppers, some carrots and potatoes, maybe some beets. Peas and green beans along the fence and I should be good.  DH doesn't care as long as he doesn't have to til the garden.  If I want that done than I have to have one of my sons do it. Its easier just to put them in pots and then I can take care of them just like my flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment