Pages

Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Spring!

Spring is here!  I'm hoping that the weather will agree. We still have a few feet of snow but there is hope.  I have been dealing with depression this winter and the dark doesn't help.  I have changed all my lights to the daylight bulbs.  It is helping and so is the time change. I'm hoping that I will be able to go walking outdoors soon.  The robins have been very loud in the morning as have the mourning doves.  We put a feeder up to help them get through the cold and snow.  For some reason the birds seem to be a few weeks early this year. 

I haven't had much time to sit and quilt lately.  I'm hoping that I will be able to on Wednesday.  I have a few ideas on a modern wall hanging that I would like to work on.  It would be solids and tonals in swirls and waves.
I have been searching through some of my scraps trying to match a compass block that was given to me.  I would like to add it to a storm at sea quilt in the bottom right hand corner. I may also incorporate a heart into it. I'm just trying to find enough scraps that look good and give me a good vibe.
I also would like to do a pineapple quilt.  It is something that I've always wanted to try. Something else that I could accomplish if I put my mind to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment