Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Having fun!

What fun I'm having!  I'm trying to design modern quilts that my grandsons will like.  I figured that it couldn't be that hard.  These boys don't like anything that I have done so far.  I'm getting close though.  One of them has asked me to add some elements and remove others.  I can deal with that.  Some of their color choices are another matter.  I 'm not fond of working with a lot of black.  I'd rather work with something that I can see to quilt on and isn't real gloomy to me.  My younger son just informed his boys that there will be no black.  Once I take them to pick out fabric, I'm sure that things will change anyways.
The whole thing is, that, his 2 younger boys are moving out of toddler beds.  The older boys have moved into bunk beds and the younger 2 will be moving into bunk beds, soon. The older boys swap so that they change every month so that they don't fight over who is in the top and who is in the bottom.  They both will need a full/queen and a twin. The younger two will have twin for right now.

My older son is in process of moving and his boys are going into bunk beds also.  They are also moving out of toddler beds. These 2 will be happy with whatever Grandma Kat makes them.  I hope to have theirs done within the month as they live with dad.  The other four are only there on weekends at the moment. 

Then I can work on new quilts for the granddaughters.  The oldest wants cats and the other two would like fairies.  Much easier than mine craft, wild patterns, seahorses and frogs.

Back to designing.

No comments:

Post a Comment