Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

A Long Time

It has been a long time since I last posted.  There has been a lot going on. Some good, some not. 
My father has been in and out of the hospital. At least now we know that he has some sort of a blood disorder.  We thought that we were going to lose him as he was giving up hope and didn't want to see any of us. He would ignore us. It has been very hard on me.  The doctors have put him on a new medicine and he is finally starting to feel better.

The older of my sons came home from Alaska. He and his girlfriend had lost their jobs in the oilfield. They worked a couple of part time jobs and they just couldn't make ends meet so they are back in NY. He is in the process of looking for a job again as he has been doing temporary  work. He is trying to go back to school and finish his degree as a paper engineer. I wish him luck.

We have a new grandson.  He arrived on my father's birthday. That means a lot to me. He is a big baby, 9lbs 14 oz. and 21.75" long. He is a little chunky and I love it.  DH held him the day he was born. He has never held any of the grands before they were a couple months old.  Times are changing.  Jaxon is our 10th grandchild and is my younger son's 5th son. His fiancee has a daughter and all those boys are a new experience for the two of them. He only has the other 4 on weekends or during school breaks.

I have had some health issues myself and have spent time in the hospital. I have had a bunch of tests done and I need to have more done. Apparently my heart has an issue and adds a beat sometimes. We will figure it out, I'm sure.

I am trying to get back into quilting. I have made a pretty wall hanging. I have a top done and it needs to be quilted. I'm working on two other tops that I hope to get done for our quilt show in October. I may try some paper piecing to take to doctor's appointments. I also want to start doing hand applique again. It is time to get out of the funk that I have been in and finish some of the projects that I have started. I hope to put up some pictures soon of some of the things that I have been working on soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment