Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Vacation is over for another year

Vacation, a time to relax and enjoy.  We went to Vermont.  Bennington is a nice small community that has a rural feel to it.  I love to go and visit Hubby's family there.  I would love to move there if hubby could find a job near there.  He would like it too.  We discussed it again this year that maybe we should think about moving as my job is gone.  The company closed shop and my choices if I return to the same job are in Detroit, Michigan or Muncie, Indiana.  Neither appeal to me.  Neither does leaving my friends and family that live here.  My dad would visit me and I'm sure that one of my sister's would too.  His siblings probably wouldn't miss us as they don't talk to each other. 

We had fun and that was the main objective.  We finally got to meet his cousin's children.  One boy and two girls and his cousin has her hands full.  Ted just started kindergarten, Annie is in arts preschool and Ellie is going to be two next week and is also starting preschool.  I don't know how Christy keeps it straight on where everyone has to be and at what times. 

We did go shopping in Manchester.  It was fun to see all the outlet and regular stores that we don't have here in the Syracuse area.  I just wish that we could have found time to visit a quilt shop or two.  Maybe next year when we go. We also went to Garlic Fest.  That was fun!  There is a bunch of different foods made with garlic.  Shortbread cookies are good with garlic in them, bacon too.  Ice cream is also good with garlic in it.  Kettle corn with garlic is excellent!  They also have maple items, and this year I tried maple bourbon.  That was wonderful.  I may have to send for a bottle as they had sold out by the time I got back to buy a bottle to bring home.  I can see using maple bourbon instead of rum in rum balls.  Same for rum cake.  That would be a nice thanksgiving treat.

The leaves are starting to turn colors and the children have gone back to school. It is time to get busy quilting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment