Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Guild Quilt Show

What a busy weekend at the quilt show!  I spent most of my days running the tea room.  I'm a good choice as I'm a diabetic and have learned that I can't eat all the baked goods that are brought.  I did have a single chocolate chip cookie as that was in my limits of what I could eat.  My son made a buttermilk pie that was to die for, so I heard.  He studied to be a french chef for a while before he decided that it wasn't for him.  He makes great pie crust and cakes now.

I did see the show on Sunday afternoon.  It was very pretty and busy with people.  We had quite a few more visitors on Sunday than Saturday.  I'm not sure as it normally works the other way for every other show I have attended at guild.  The person in charge seems to think that because of the SU football game and the local shop hop, we didn't have many visitors on Saturday.  Hopefully we made a profit, as this is the money for the next two years of programs.

I should have taken my camera with me.  It didn't occur to me until after I was there.

I'm now working on a quilt for one of my friends.  Her husband has cancer and it doesn't look good.  I'm hoping that the doctor is wrong as they have been married a year.  She had finally found her soul mate and it looks like she may lose him.  My prayers are with them constantly. 

Time to work on the newsletter for October.

No comments:

Post a Comment