Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Guild newsletter is done!

I just finished the guild newsletter.  I'm glad that it is done for the month.  Now I'm off to get some groceries and possible this afternoon I can work some more on the applique idea that I'm trying to design for fall.  I'm leaning toward something that can be used for the entire fall season and not just the holiday aspect.  I may make it reversible so that if I get tired of one side than I can flip it over and look at the other for awhile.  I may even try to start sewing today or tomorrow as I really want to get this done.  I may even try machine applique as I have always hand appliqued.  A new skill that may come in handy I think.  I'm also working on my machine quilting on my Bernina as my Tin Lizzy is not set up currently.  Soon I hope.  I'm working on getting my rooms set back up to be sewing rooms again instead of bedrooms.  It looks like it may take some time as I want to paint and upgrade lighting.  Hardwood floors are going in also.  I don't plan on children/ grandchildren moving in again for a long time(I hope). 
I will try to find the instructions I wrote up of the tissue holders that we made for guild and post them in the next few days.  I think that they would make a great little stocking stuffer. They are quick to make and don't use much fabric.  Two fat quarters(depending on size) will make 6 to 9 tissue holders. I had some fat, fat quarters so I got 9 out of a couple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment