Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Quilting Day

I'm actually sewing today!  Yesterday I spent the day ironing and cutting.  My friend Linda, her husband of 13 months is terminal with brain cancer and he has taken a turn for the worse.  I'm making the top from my friend Lisa's stash as she had pink. Linda's favorite colors are pink and teal.  Lisa had fabric that filled the bill.  I found a pattern that Lisa and I liked. Its from Quilt Trends summer 2013.  The pattern is "Chain Reaction".  I'm making it smaller to make it a hug quilt for Linda.

I haven't taken a picture yet of the floral that I'll be using for the wide strips.  I have them hanging in the closet to keep the cats off of them as Linda is allergic to cats.  When I  get all done with the quilt I'll send it thru the wash.  Lisa has a mid arm and offered to quilt it.  I took her up on her offer.  I'll take more pictures as I sew up the blocks and post them later today or tomorrow.  The only fabric that came out of my stash is the binding, so I will post that on Sunday.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment