Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

I just want to sit and sew!

This week has been crazy!  I spent Tuesday steam cleaning carpets.  Wednesday, I spent part of the day sleeping as I totally over did on Tuesday. I also went and got my hair cut, which I'm not real thrilled with.  I hope my regular stylist comes back soon from maternity leave.  She is having twins and still hasn't gone into labor so it may be a few months yet.  I miss her.
Thursday I took one of my daughter-in-laws grocery shopping.  We went to 4 different stores and saved $200.  Quite a bit for someone who has never used coupons before or been to BJ's or Sam's to shop.    She has no idea how to comparison shop or to go through the ads and buy what is on sale and match a coupon with it.  I'm slowly teaching her to read labels and compare name brands with store brands.  We were taught in school how to do this.  They don't teach how to comparison shop any more!  We are raising a generation who has no idea how to do basic skills that I learned many years ago in school.  I'll get off my soap box now.

I hope to sit and sew later today or tomorrow.  I need to relax and just sit and sew.  Maybe I'll get the backing on one of my tops and quilt it.  I only have 3 tops to get quilted for our quilt show in Sept. which is 7 weeks away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment