Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Quilt Guild

Quilt Guild was interesting last night, to say the least.  We have a new President.  Surprise!  I'm the editor of the newsletter and nobody let me know.  Wow! 
Our show is just 5 and 1/2 weeks away.  I'm hoping to get some things finished and in the show.  I have 3 different tops that are done and need to be quilted and bound.  I was hoping to have my mid arm set up and to practice on it and have some stuff quilted.  Not going to happen for this show.  I'll be happy to get what I have finished and bound.  Just saying.
Back to guild last night.  We always have had a friendship night in August and never a full meeting.  Because our show is a month early, we decided to have a full meeting.  I was surprised at how many showed up.  Normally we only get 10 people.  Last night we had 30.  Good turnout for this group.  I think it was because we met where we will be having our quilt show.  We went and discussed how things will be set up and alot of members are not real happy with the choice that we made for the show.  We didn't have a whole lot of options for finding out that we couldn't have our show at the school where we normally meet.  I think that it will all work out and they will like the venue. 
I won the fabric raffle and have 4 new batik fat quarters.  Batiks are so fun to work with.  I really like the colors as I needed some more lights/neutrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment