Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stash Report

Not much to report again this week again.  I took my daughter shopping and she bought a bunch of stuff.  I didn't buy anything though.  I almost caved when I was looking at the silk half yard pieces.  They felt so good to touch.  Then I remembered how much of a pain that silk is to sew from when I was making my own clothes.  I loved to wear silk blouses.  I hated to make them, though I did for a couple of years.
Check how others are doing on their stash at Judy L's Patchwork Times.

Used this Week:              0 yards
Used year to Date:           13.25 yards
Added this Week:              0 yards
Added Year to Date:       12.5 yards
Net Used for 2011:            .75 yards
.

1 comment:

  1. You were good to resist temptation in the fabric store! I know what you mean about sewing with silk -- it's a nightmare! I made my stepdaughter a silk underdress/slip for a sheer prom dress a few years ago, and I had to sew all the slippery seams with tissue paper for a stabiliser. I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but hopefully I won't need to know ! LOL :) Take care, Dianne B. in England

    ReplyDelete