Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

A new year

It has been 18 months since I last posted and a great many things have happened in my life. 

My oldest son moved to Alaska. He loves it there and has no desire to come back to NY.

We have added another granddaughter to our crew of grandchildren.  We now have 6 grandsons and 2 granddaughters.  Miss Freya made her appearance on June 4th of this year.  I was there for her delivery. She was born at home with no drugs or trouble. She is a very inquisitive baby and very active.

We said some sad goodbyes to 4 of our pets this year. 2 cats(Otter and Nibbles), my beloved Loki(my avatar) developed cancer, and Riki(who started out as my son's dog and ended up staying with me as she wouldn't make the flight to Alaska).  I miss my furry children.

We have put a metal roof on our house as we developed a leak in the spring.  We were surprised to find that there was 4 layers of shingles and in a few places 5.  Code states 3 so now I know that the last contractor didn't do what he was paid to do 10 years ago.

I have joined a Modern Quilt Club.  We have been together a year and I am enjoying the simple beauty of our quilts.  I have a challenge due in June.  Currently I'm trying to figure out what I want to do.

I still do the newsletter for my local quilt guild.  I need to sew more for this group so I volunteered to chair our charity group.  Currently we are working on Honor Flight Quilts.  4 tops have been handed out to long arm quilters in our guild.  We are having a workshop in 2 weeks to make more.

I still belong to a Jo Morton stitching group.  I haven't been able to attend in a couple of months and I hope to get back to going soon.  I really don't want to drop out as I enjoy the small quilts that we typically make.

I'm sitting here trying to put together what I would like to accomplish this next year.  I will try to post it when I figure out what I want to get done. I have a whole year to figure it out. I've already told my husband that I plan on doing more quilting.  He told me that it was fine with him.  He told me that I need to spend more time doing what I like and less time running with the children/grandchildren.  I also want to spend more time with my dad.  That can be tough though as he keeps very busy.  He will be 72 this year.  I don't want him to slow down though.

Good bye to 2015 and Hello 2016!  I hope that you are an improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment