Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Thoughts about Quilting

I seem to have quilter's block.  Since we lost our girl, I just don't feel like sitting and running my machine.  She laid at my feet and kept me company while I sewed. 

My DIL has noticed that I'm not working on stuff and commented.  She asked me if maybe rearranging my room would help.  We would move stuff and just pick Kira's stuff up and put it away for now.  I really don't want to part with her stuff and the boys(Loki and Deedle) don't lay at my feet.  Loki has always laid behind my chair and Deedle lays in the doorway.  We have put up a baby gate so they can watch as we decide how to change the layout.  I may put some shelving in the closet and remove the doors(sliders) to store my fabric.  I think that moving my cabinet and putting the conference table behind it will give me some more room when I quilt larger items or sew clothes for the grands.  I'm hoping that this will spark some creativity for me.  It will give me some storage room under the table and I will also have room for friends to come over and stitch with me too.  I just need to measure and make sure that everything will fit into my 11' by 13.6' room.

I may also change my lighting as there is a single window and the room can be dark at night.  Currently there is overhead lighting (ceiling fan) with 3 bulbs.  I may put led light bulbs into it, as we did in our dining room.  That has made a major difference there.  I prefer to cut there now.  Time to get back to measuring and debating about where to put stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment