Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sorry I've been MIA

I have tried to write this post many times and I sit and cry every time I try.  This time I will post it so that if I'm missing for a while, you know why.
Our beloved German Shepherd, Kira has not been herself lately.  So, I've been busy running her to the vet at least once a week.  They have run many test and done a slew of blood work.  We finally have an answer and one I was not prepared for.  Kira has cancer.  We go on Monday and see how far it has spread thru her system. 
I have had two different Reiki practitioners tell me that it won't be that long.  She currently has good days and bad days.  Today is one of her good days. 
I had always figured that I would lose Loki (whom my blog is named for) first.  He is a 12 year old black lab - rottweiler mix.  He is gray on his muzzle and he is starting to slow down a bit.  Kira had been acting like a puppy up until the beginning of the month.  She is 8 years old and just a happy go lucky dog while Loki is serious.  Deedle is the youngster of the group and Kira's playmate.  He is 4 years old and he too is a black lab - rottweiler mix.  He is my Houdini and goof.  He loves to figure out how to get out of the fence.  We tell him he is a goof because he brings us all sorts of things that he feels should be in bed with us or in the house.  I don't need branches, rocks or other animals leavings in the house. 
I'm sad to see her like this and I will miss her when she goes.  I'm trying to figure out a way to pay tribute to our Kira.  I just feel that her life is being taken away from her all to soon.  I feel the same for people that have to deal with this too.  One of my best friends just lost her husband to cancer in Oct.  They had been married 13 months.  Not enough time together in my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment