Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Should be interesting

My daughter called me and asked what I was doing.  I told her that I was looking for the sizes for wheelchair lap robes so that I can come up with a pattern for quilt guild.  She then asks if I could do some sewing for her.  I'm game, what do you need?  She does Reiki and needs some new covers for her table.  I ask what size and she goes silent.  Okay... what size is the table.  She sends me to the website and I find her table and the dimensions.  It will need 2-1/4 yards to make a cover and then I need to add elastic to hold it in place.  I start checking the website and they are getting anywhere from $30 to $60 per cover.  I figure I can make one for about $10 - $15.  In the future she wants organic cotton for her covers.  So you know who is checking the web for organic cotton.  I'm just going to get some regular cotton for now and get a few made for her and after the first of the year, I'll get some organic cotton and make up a few more.  I may just pull some fabrics from the stash and make a few.  That should hold her until her business takes off.  She bought 2 covers when she started out and she has only been doing this for a few weeks.  I hope that she can turn this into a full time business.  I enjoy the perks of sewing for her as she is giving me free Reiki and it helps to relax me and I find I'm more productive and creative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment